top of page
- Brush your hair extensions before shampooing your hair to ensure it's tangle free.
- Secure the hair with one hand whilst detangling to avoid any pressure or tension on the bond connections or natural hair.
- It is important that you shampoo your hair with supplied aftercare products and only apply conditioner on the ends of your hair and rinse thoroughly.
- When shampooing your hair work vertically not horizontally or in circular motion, this will create less tangles and easier to manage.
- For best results leave conditioner in for 3-5 minutes before rinsing and comb through your hair extensions. We recommend removing the heavy wet before applying conditioner.
- Only condition the hair from the ponytail down avoiding contact with the root area or locks however you can apply conditioner generously throughout the ends.
- Always use leave in conditioner throughout the ends to keep the ends looking silky.
- We recommend you brush your scalp at lease twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening to keep your hair extensions clean at the root area with your hair extension brush provided.
- Weekly treatments are recommended.
- Only use correct aftercare products as advised by your certified stylist as this will maximise your result and sustain the high quality of the hair.
- Gather your hair into a loose side ponytail or braid when sleeping.
- Avoid tiht updo's or ponytails for the first few days after hair extension application.
- When swimming always tie your hair in a ponytail or braid and apply conditioner to the hair to act as a barrier against harmful chlorine/salt water etc.. Always shampoo immediately after swimming and detangle as normal.
- Swimming is not recommended if wearing tape extensions.
- Always cover your hair when in direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Always dry off the roots and bond area of your extensions to ensure the holding agent has dried completely to ensure maximum strength of application. The holding agent in the bonds is vulnerable when wet, so no pressure is to be placed on the hair during styling until roots are bone dry.
- Don't go to bed with wet hair.
- Don't shampoo over the bath as may create problems when detangling.
- Don't attempt to maintain or adjust your bonds yourself. Any issues leave it to the professionals.
- Don't leave your Hair Extensions in for longer than 3 months or 8-10 weeks if the natural hair is fine. If your hair extensions are left in for longer than the recommended time some damage may occur.
- Don't leave your hair wet for long periods of time without detangling as may become matted.
- Don't use any hot tools on your hair extensions WITHOUT using heat protector. Comb through your hair to ensure the product is evenly distributed throughout ensuring everywhere is protected.
- Don't allow bronzers/fake tan/sun creams or products with tint in them to make contact with your hair extensions if blond especially if i the sun as you may experience slight colour change.
- As a result of natural shedding (approx. 50-100 strands per day) it is not unusual to shed anywhere from 0-15 strands over the course of the term of wear. Your certified stylist normally allows for this during the application. The shedded strands can then be reapplied.
- When arranging your appointment to reuse your hair we advise booking another consultation so the stylist can view and assess your hair extensions to see if any new hair is required or any adjustments you would like to make.
bottom of page